Honey, I Love
Written by: Eloise Greenfield
Illustrated by: Jan Spivey Gilchist
Honey, I Love is thee only poetry book I checked out from the curriculum lab that had a continuous flow from one page to the next. It literally was a story book as well as a poetry book. One unique trait that author Greenfield incorporated into this book is his lack of ending punctuation marks. The only ending punctuation mark that appears throughout the entire book is at the very end, on the last page, after the very last word. Perhaps this why the book reads so smoothly from page to page.
The book has its recommended audience being children between the ages of 2 and 5. I agree with this age range due to the book's simple language and plot. I believe that this story could be utilized as a read out loud in a Kindergarten (and perhaps, first grade) classroom. However, I feel as though it would be more appropriate for a parent to read this book to their child at a younger age.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment